Author / Illustrator:
23rd May 2019
205mm x 260mm Picture Book
Yazan no longer goes to the park to play, and he no longer sees his friend who lives next door. Everything around him is changing. His parents sit in front of the television with the news turned up LOUD and Yazan’s little red bike leans forgotten against the wall. Will he ever be able to go outside and play? An uplifting story about a courageous little boy growing up in a time of conflict, and the strength of family love.
Conflict; War; Hope; Family love; Courage; Change
Key Selling Points:
- Translated from the original Arabic
- Based on the author’s own experience of the war in Syria #WeNeedDiverseBooks #OwnVoices
- As featured on interviews with the author on CNN and BBC.
- Develops empathy and understanding for children living in conflict societies and shares a message of courage and hope.
- Beautiful and moving full-colour illustrations (original artwork)
About the creator:
Nadine Kaadan is an award-winning children’s book author and illustrator from Syria now living in London. She has published many books in many countries and her mission is to encourage a reading culture in the Arab world. Nadine’s work with young refugees has captured the attention of CNN and the BBC, both of which broadcast special features on her books Tomorrow and The Jasmine Sneeze.
Find out more about this book
If you’d like to find out more about this book such as publishing date, where you can buy a copy, then please email us email@example.com